There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- Statements by Officials of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Commemorating the First Openly Transgender Four-Star Officer and First Female Four-Star Admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps on October 19, 2021 October 19, 2021
- Biden-Harris Administration Increases HealthCare.Gov Call Center Pay Rate to $15/Hr October 15, 2021
- Medicare Open Enrollment Period Kicks Off Today October 15, 2021
- HHS Announces Availability of $100 Million for State Loan Repayment Programs to Support Primary Health Care Workforce in Underserved Communities October 14, 2021
- Declaraciones del Secretario de Salud y Servicios Humanos Xavier Becerra sobre la guía para la reducción de sodio de la FDA October 13, 2021
- Statement by HHS Xavier Becerra on FDA Sodium Reduction Guidance October 13, 2021
- Readout of the Seventh COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force Meeting October 12, 2021
- Biden-Harris Administration Greenlights Coverage of LGBTQ+ Care as an Essential Health Benefit in Colorado October 12, 2021
- Fact Sheet: Efforts Across HHS to Promote Behavioral Health for Children and Youth October 8, 2021
- HHS lanza una aplicación en español para ayudar a los latinos a resolver sus dudas sobre el cuidado de la salud, y publica un nuevo informe que destaca los problemas de cobertura de los latinos October 8, 2021