There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- HHS Extends Application Deadline for Medicaid Providers and Plans to Reopen Portal to Certain Medicare Providers July 31, 2020
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Court Victory for President Trump’s Drug-Pricing Agenda July 31, 2020
- HHS Details Multiple COVID-19 Testing Statistics as National Test Volume Surges July 31, 2020
- HHS, DOD Partner With Sanofi and GSK on Commercial-Scale Manufacturing Demonstration Project to Produce Millions of COVID-19 Investigational Vaccine Doses July 31, 2020
- The Nation’s Public Health Experts to America: Donate Plasma July 30, 2020
- HHS Secretary’s Report Calls for Congressional Action to Combat Surprise Billing and Promote Price Transparency July 29, 2020
- HHS Issues New Report Highlighting Dramatic Trends in Medicare Beneficiary Telehealth Utilization amid COVID-19 July 28, 2020
- DOE, HHS, VA Announce COVID-19 Insights Partnership July 28, 2020
- HHS Reserves and Rapidly Expands Manufacturing Capacity for COVID-19 Vaccines at Texas Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing July 27, 2020
- Lifespan Pays $1,040,000 to OCR to Settle Unencrypted Stolen Laptop Breach July 27, 2020