There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- HHS Provides an Additional $250 Million to Help U.S. Health Care Systems Respond to COVID-19 June 2, 2020
- HHS Awards $20.3 Million to Expand the Addiction Workforce in Underserved Communities June 2, 2020
- HHS Adds $628 Million to Contract with Emergent BioSolutions to Secure CDMO Manufacturing Capacity for Operation Warp Speed June 2, 2020
- HHS Awards $15 Million to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic in Rural Tribal Communities May 28, 2020
- HHS Announces 45-Day Compliance Deadline Extension for Providers May 22, 2020
- HHS Announces $500 Million Distribution to Tribal Hospitals, Clinics, and Urban Health Centers May 22, 2020
- HHS Announces Nearly $4.9 Billion Distribution to Nursing Facilities Impacted by COVID-19 May 22, 2020
- Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed Accelerates AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine to be Available Beginning in October May 21, 2020
- Providers Must Act by June 3, 2020 to Receive Additional Relief Fund General Distribution Payment May 20, 2020
- HHS Provides $225 Million for COVID-19 Testing in Rural Communities May 20, 2020