There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- HHS Expands Relief Fund Eligibility and Updates Reporting Requirements October 22, 2020
- Trump Administration Marks the Signing of the Geneva Consensus Declaration October 22, 2020
- Trump Administration Takes Action to Further Expand Access to Vaccines, COVID-19 Tests October 21, 2020
- OCR Resolves Religious Discrimination Complaints after Maryland and Virginia Hospitals Ensure Patients Can Receive Safe Religious Visitations During COVID-19 October 20, 2020
- Trump Administration Provides Saliva Test at Surge Testing Site in Waco, TX October 16, 2020
- Trump Administration Partners with CVS and Walgreens to Provide COVID-19 Vaccine to Protect Vulnerable Americans in Long-Term Care Facilities Nationwide October 16, 2020
- HHS Awards Contract to Improve Maternal Health Data Collection and Drive Clinical Quality Improvement October 15, 2020
- HHS Issues Challenges to Find Best Practices in Maternal Health October 15, 2020
- HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health Presents Award to Dr. Kwaku Ohene-Frempong October 15, 2020
- HHS Awards Nearly $500 million to Support Primary Health Care Workforce Nationwide October 15, 2020