There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- IHS and AAP Release Clinical Recommendations to Improve Care of American Indian, Alaska Native Women and Infants Impacted By Prenatal Opioid Exposure December 5, 2019
- HHS OCR Secures Voluntary Resolution and Ensures Child Welfare Programs in the Oregon Department of Human Services Protect Parents with Disabilities from Discrimination December 4, 2019
- Ready, Set, PrEP Expands Access to Medication to Prevent HIV December 3, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on World AIDS Day November 27, 2019
- OCR Secures $2.175 Million HIPAA Settlement after Hospitals Failed to Properly Notify HHS of a Breach of Unsecured Protected Health Information November 27, 2019
- Secretary Azar Hosts Bipartisan Rural Health Roundtable with Members of Congress November 22, 2019
- HHS and the American Society of Nephrology Launch $1.5 Million Phase 2 of Prize Competition to Redesign Dialysis November 18, 2019
- Trump Administration Announces Historic Price Transparency Requirements to Increase Competition and Lower Healthcare Costs for All Americans November 15, 2019
- HHS Advances Development of Tests to Distinguish Bacterial from Viral Infections across Multiple Healthcare Settings November 14, 2019
- OCR Imposes a $1.6 Million Civil Money Penalty against Texas Health and Human Services Commission for HIPAA Violations November 7, 2019