There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- HHS Announces Guide for Appropriate Tapering or Discontinuation of Long-Term Opioid Use October 10, 2019
- HHS Proposes Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Reforms to Support Value-Based and Coordinated Care October 9, 2019
- HHS Explores Lung-on-a-Chip Technology in Developing Chemical Injury Treatments October 8, 2019
- With End of New York Outbreak, United States Keeps Measles Elimination Status October 4, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Executive Order to Protect and Improve Medicare October 3, 2019
- Dental Practice Pays $10,000 to Settle Social Media Disclosures of Patients’ Protected Health Information October 2, 2019
- HHS Awards $13.5 Million to Accelerate State and Local Planning Efforts for Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America October 2, 2019
- HHS Funds Development of Two Filovirus Vaccines for Biodefense, Public Health October 1, 2019
- HHS Issues Supplemental Grant Awards to Title X Recipients September 30, 2019
- Secretary Azar Attends Meeting of Regional Ministers of Health on Ebola Preparedness and Response at UNGA September 25, 2019