There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- Statement From HHS Secretary Becerra on mpox December 2, 2022
- FACT SHEET: One Year After Releasing its Groundbreaking Overdose Prevention Strategy, HHS Announces New Data Showing Nation Has Expanded its Ability to Treat Addiction and Save Lives December 2, 2022
- One Year After Releasing its Groundbreaking Overdose Prevention Strategy, HHS Announces New Data Showing Nation Has Expanded its Ability to Treat Addiction and Save Lives December 2, 2022
- HHS Roadmap for Behavioral Health Integration December 2, 2022
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Issues Bulletin on Requirements under HIPAA for Online Tracking Technologies to Protect the Privacy and Security of Health Information December 1, 2022
- New U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps Medical Standards Expand Applicant Pool to People with Chronic Hepatitis B and Human Immunodeficiency Virus December 1, 2022
- Statement from HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra on World AIDS Day December 1, 2022
- Biden Harris Administration Supports the World Health Organization Renaming of Monkeypox to mpox November 28, 2022
- HHS Proposes New Protections to Increase Care Coordination and Confidentiality for Patients With Substance Use Challenges November 28, 2022
- HHS Announces New $350 Million Initiative to Increase COVID-19 Vaccinations November 22, 2022