There has been confusion about the difference between Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and Electronic Health Records (EHR) since the government initiated the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009. Although there are some similarities, they are different functions for each system. Electronic Medical Records (EMRs) are the digital equivalent ...
For years, medical office professionals have been trying to “go paperless” with little success. The broken processes and fragmented workflows associated with paper-related inefficiencies can hinder patient care and delay reimbursement of services to providers. Many medical offices claim that lack of funding and support from leadership keeps them “doing things ...
What is an electronic signature? According to the U.S. Federal Law, called the E-SIGN Act, and electronic signature is an "electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record." The E-SIGN ...
- HHS Announces Next Steps in Advancing Interoperability of Health Information
- HHS Extends Comment Period for Proposed Rules to Improve the Interoperability of Electronic Health Information
- Ignite Accelerator Announces 19 Teams Selected for the Eighth Round of the Internal Innovation Training and Incubator Program
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health Announces Reorganization
- Secretary Azar Praises Service of Inspector General Dan Levinson
- HHS Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan Statement on Announcement of Presidential Task Force on Protecting Native American Children in the Indian Health Service System
- OCR Issues Notice of Resolution to the State of Hawaii After Hawaii Takes Action in Safeguarding Conscience Protections for Pregnancy Care Centers
- HHS releases additional $487 million to states, territories to expand access to effective opioid treatment; 2019 SOR grants will total $1.4 billion
- Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS Announces New Members
- Statement on FY2020 Budget Proposal for Ending The HIV Epidemic In America