When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS, Janssen Collaborate To Develop Coronavirus Therapeutics February 18, 2020
- HHS Engages Sanofi’s Recombinant Technology for 2019 Novel Coronavirus Vaccine February 18, 2020
- Largest Study of Sepsis Cases among Medicare Beneficiaries Finds Significant Burden February 14, 2020
- HHS, Janssen Join Forces On Coronavirus Vaccine February 11, 2020
- HHS Assistant Secretary for Administration Scott W. Rowell Statement on the launch of Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions Program Management Office at HHS February 11, 2020
- SchoolSafety.gov Launches to Help Educators, Administrators, Parents, and Law Enforcement Prepare for Threats February 10, 2020
- Secretary Azar Statement on President Trump's FY 2021 Budget February 10, 2020
- HHS Pioneers First Foundry for American Biotechnology February 10, 2020
- Representatives of Coronavirus Task Force Brief Governors at NGA February 9, 2020
- HHS Marks 2019 Accomplishments February 6, 2020