When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS and DHS Announce New Rule to Implement the Flores Settlement Agreement
- HHS Funds an Additional Year of Ebola Vaccine Manufacturing
- SAMHSA’s Annual Mental Health, Substance Use Data Provide Roadmap for Future Action
- HHS Awards $107 Million to Support Health Center Quality Improvement
- Secretary Azar Statement on Department Leadership Changes
- HHS OCR Secures Agreement with MSU to Resolve Investigation into Sexual Abuse by Larry Nassar
- HHS Awards Nearly $400 Million to Combat the Opioid Crisis
- Trump Administration Officials Visit Bloomington, IN as Baxter Signs Pledge to America's Workers
- Azar and Administration Officials Discuss President Trump's Plan to End HIV in Indianapolis, IN
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on National Immunization Awareness Month