When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- IHS and AAP Release Clinical Recommendations to Improve Care of American Indian, Alaska Native Women and Infants Impacted By Prenatal Opioid Exposure December 5, 2019
- HHS OCR Secures Voluntary Resolution and Ensures Child Welfare Programs in the Oregon Department of Human Services Protect Parents with Disabilities from Discrimination December 4, 2019
- Ready, Set, PrEP Expands Access to Medication to Prevent HIV December 3, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on World AIDS Day November 27, 2019
- OCR Secures $2.175 Million HIPAA Settlement after Hospitals Failed to Properly Notify HHS of a Breach of Unsecured Protected Health Information November 27, 2019
- Secretary Azar Hosts Bipartisan Rural Health Roundtable with Members of Congress November 22, 2019
- HHS and the American Society of Nephrology Launch $1.5 Million Phase 2 of Prize Competition to Redesign Dialysis November 18, 2019
- Trump Administration Announces Historic Price Transparency Requirements to Increase Competition and Lower Healthcare Costs for All Americans November 15, 2019
- HHS Advances Development of Tests to Distinguish Bacterial from Viral Infections across Multiple Healthcare Settings November 14, 2019
- OCR Imposes a $1.6 Million Civil Money Penalty against Texas Health and Human Services Commission for HIPAA Violations November 7, 2019