When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Announces Next Steps in Advancing Interoperability of Health Information
- HHS Extends Comment Period for Proposed Rules to Improve the Interoperability of Electronic Health Information
- Ignite Accelerator Announces 19 Teams Selected for the Eighth Round of the Internal Innovation Training and Incubator Program
- Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health Announces Reorganization
- Secretary Azar Praises Service of Inspector General Dan Levinson
- HHS Deputy Secretary Eric Hargan Statement on Announcement of Presidential Task Force on Protecting Native American Children in the Indian Health Service System
- OCR Issues Notice of Resolution to the State of Hawaii After Hawaii Takes Action in Safeguarding Conscience Protections for Pregnancy Care Centers
- HHS releases additional $487 million to states, territories to expand access to effective opioid treatment; 2019 SOR grants will total $1.4 billion
- Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS Announces New Members
- Statement on FY2020 Budget Proposal for Ending The HIV Epidemic In America