When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Announces CHPL Data Challenge Winners
- Secretary Azar Announces Senior Advisor for Drug Pricing Reform
- Statement from the Department of Health and Human Services
- New HHS Checklist Helps First Responders Ensure Language Access and Effective Communication During Emergencies
- Florida contractor physicians’ group shares protected health information with unknown vendor without a business associate agreement
- HHS Secretary Azar Declares Public Health Emergency in Alaska Due to Earthquake Damage
- Reforming America’s Healthcare System Through Choice and Competition
- Statement from HHS Secretary Alex Azar ahead of World AIDS Day
- HHS Secretary Azar Praises Release of State Relief and Empowerment Waiver Concepts
- HHS Announces Winners of Easy EHR Issue Reporting Challenge