When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- U.S. Departments of Health and Human Services, Labor, and the Treasury Expand Access to Quality, Affordable Health Coverage Through Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Agricultural Biotechnology Executive Order
- As Measles Cases Surpass 1,000, Secretary Azar Reinforces Commitment to Vaccination
- Statement from the Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Personnel Promotion and Departure
- Pain Management Task Force Issues Final Report on Best Practices for Treatment of Pain
- New HHS Fact Sheet On Direct Liability of Business Associates under HIPAA
- HHS Proposes to Revise ACA Section 1557 Rule to Enforce Civil Rights in Healthcare, Conform to Law, and Eliminate Billions in Unnecessary Costs
- Indiana Medical Records Service Pays $100,000 to Settle HIPAA Breach
- Secretary Azar Attends Second Day of the 72nd World Health Assembly, Signs Agreement with Indonesia