When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Announces Guide for Appropriate Tapering or Discontinuation of Long-Term Opioid Use October 10, 2019
- HHS Proposes Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute Reforms to Support Value-Based and Coordinated Care October 9, 2019
- HHS Explores Lung-on-a-Chip Technology in Developing Chemical Injury Treatments October 8, 2019
- With End of New York Outbreak, United States Keeps Measles Elimination Status October 4, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Executive Order to Protect and Improve Medicare October 3, 2019
- Dental Practice Pays $10,000 to Settle Social Media Disclosures of Patients’ Protected Health Information October 2, 2019
- HHS Awards $13.5 Million to Accelerate State and Local Planning Efforts for Ending the HIV Epidemic: A Plan for America October 2, 2019
- HHS Funds Development of Two Filovirus Vaccines for Biodefense, Public Health October 1, 2019
- HHS Issues Supplemental Grant Awards to Title X Recipients September 30, 2019
- Secretary Azar Attends Meeting of Regional Ministers of Health on Ebola Preparedness and Response at UNGA September 25, 2019