When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- Biden-Harris Administration Announces Additional Deliveries of Vaccine as Part of Nationwide Vaccine Strategy for Preventing Monkeypox July 1, 2022
- HHS Orders 2.5 Million More Doses of JYNNEOS Vaccine For Monkeypox Preparedness July 1, 2022
- HHS Awards Over $155 Million to Expand Training for Primary Care Residents in Underserved and Rural Communities July 1, 2022
- Statement by HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra on the Supreme Court Ruling Blocking Federal Air Pollution Standards for Power Plants June 30, 2022
- HHS Announces New Grants to Bolster Family Planner Provider Training June 30, 2022
- CMS Approves 12-month Extension of Postpartum Coverage in Washington State June 30, 2022
- Readout of Secretary Becerra’s call with Governors in Wake of Supreme Court Decision on Roe June 30, 2022
- Biden-Harris Administration catalyzes private health sector commitments to reduce climate impacts and protect public health June 30, 2022
- HHS Issues Guidance to Protect Patient Privacy in Wake of Supreme Court Decision on Roe June 29, 2022
- Biden-Harris Administration secures 105 million doses of Pfizer’s latest COVID-19 vaccine for fall vaccination campaign June 29, 2022