When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Provides an Additional $250 Million to Help U.S. Health Care Systems Respond to COVID-19 June 2, 2020
- HHS Awards $20.3 Million to Expand the Addiction Workforce in Underserved Communities June 2, 2020
- HHS Adds $628 Million to Contract with Emergent BioSolutions to Secure CDMO Manufacturing Capacity for Operation Warp Speed June 2, 2020
- HHS Awards $15 Million to Combat the COVID-19 Pandemic in Rural Tribal Communities May 28, 2020
- HHS Announces 45-Day Compliance Deadline Extension for Providers May 22, 2020
- HHS Announces $500 Million Distribution to Tribal Hospitals, Clinics, and Urban Health Centers May 22, 2020
- HHS Announces Nearly $4.9 Billion Distribution to Nursing Facilities Impacted by COVID-19 May 22, 2020
- Trump Administration’s Operation Warp Speed Accelerates AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine to be Available Beginning in October May 21, 2020
- Providers Must Act by June 3, 2020 to Receive Additional Relief Fund General Distribution Payment May 20, 2020
- HHS Provides $225 Million for COVID-19 Testing in Rural Communities May 20, 2020