When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- Statements by Officials of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Commemorating the First Openly Transgender Four-Star Officer and First Female Four-Star Admiral of the U.S. Public Health Service Commissioned Corps on October 19, 2021 October 19, 2021
- Biden-Harris Administration Increases HealthCare.Gov Call Center Pay Rate to $15/Hr October 15, 2021
- Medicare Open Enrollment Period Kicks Off Today October 15, 2021
- HHS Announces Availability of $100 Million for State Loan Repayment Programs to Support Primary Health Care Workforce in Underserved Communities October 14, 2021
- Declaraciones del Secretario de Salud y Servicios Humanos Xavier Becerra sobre la guía para la reducción de sodio de la FDA October 13, 2021
- Statement by HHS Xavier Becerra on FDA Sodium Reduction Guidance October 13, 2021
- Readout of the Seventh COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force Meeting October 12, 2021
- Biden-Harris Administration Greenlights Coverage of LGBTQ+ Care as an Essential Health Benefit in Colorado October 12, 2021
- Fact Sheet: Efforts Across HHS to Promote Behavioral Health for Children and Youth October 8, 2021
- HHS lanza una aplicación en español para ayudar a los latinos a resolver sus dudas sobre el cuidado de la salud, y publica un nuevo informe que destaca los problemas de cobertura de los latinos October 8, 2021