When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- Long Beach Emergency Intake Site for Unaccompanied Children Opens Today April 22, 2021
- HHS Launches ‘We Can Do This: Live’ Initiative to Increase COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence April 22, 2021
- HHS Announces the Largest Ever Funding Allocation for Navigators and Releases Final Numbers for 2021 Marketplace Open Enrollment April 21, 2021
- Statement from HHS Secretary Xavier Becerra April 21, 2021
- HHS anuncia compromiso de organizaciones para alentar a consumidores latinos a inscribirse en un seguro médico a través de CuidadoDeSalud.gov April 19, 2021
- HHS Announces Commitments from Partners to Encourage Latino Consumers to Enroll in Health Insurance Coverage through HealthCare.gov April 19, 2021
- HHS Announces Nearly $150 Million from American Rescue Plan to Support Community-Based Health Care Providers with COVID-19 Response April 19, 2021
- HHS Introduces New Video Series on Federal Disability Rights Protections That Apply to Some Individuals in Recovery from an Opioid Use Disorder April 19, 2021
- Fact Sheet: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Ensuring Access to Equitable, Affordable, Client-Centered, Quality Family Planning Services April 14, 2021
- Readout of the Second COVID-19 Health Equity Task Force Meeting April 13, 2021