When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Extends Application Deadline for Medicaid Providers and Plans to Reopen Portal to Certain Medicare Providers July 31, 2020
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Court Victory for President Trump’s Drug-Pricing Agenda July 31, 2020
- HHS Details Multiple COVID-19 Testing Statistics as National Test Volume Surges July 31, 2020
- HHS, DOD Partner With Sanofi and GSK on Commercial-Scale Manufacturing Demonstration Project to Produce Millions of COVID-19 Investigational Vaccine Doses July 31, 2020
- The Nation’s Public Health Experts to America: Donate Plasma July 30, 2020
- HHS Secretary’s Report Calls for Congressional Action to Combat Surprise Billing and Promote Price Transparency July 29, 2020
- HHS Issues New Report Highlighting Dramatic Trends in Medicare Beneficiary Telehealth Utilization amid COVID-19 July 28, 2020
- DOE, HHS, VA Announce COVID-19 Insights Partnership July 28, 2020
- HHS Reserves and Rapidly Expands Manufacturing Capacity for COVID-19 Vaccines at Texas Center for Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing July 27, 2020
- Lifespan Pays $1,040,000 to OCR to Settle Unencrypted Stolen Laptop Breach July 27, 2020