When is Informed Consent Needed? The rules and regulations surrounding Healthcare have changed drastically in the last 25 years. In the past, the common thought about informed consent for treatment was that it was required for surgery and other interventional treatments. Once intrusive diagnostic procedures came about, such as diagnostic images ...
The Informed Consent Responsibility Informed consent is a process, not simply the collection and documentation of a form. The consent process requires active, two-way communication between the patient and each healthcare provider involved in the treatment and the decision-making process. Physicians and patients should exchange information in an interactive way that ...
Healthcare laws and best practices have been changing rapidly over the last couple of decades. Patient rights are protected by complicated laws that, when not followed, can result in stiff penalties and criminal charges. It is more important than ever to gain a full understanding of how the law defines ...
- HHS Expands Relief Fund Eligibility and Updates Reporting Requirements October 22, 2020
- Trump Administration Marks the Signing of the Geneva Consensus Declaration October 22, 2020
- Trump Administration Takes Action to Further Expand Access to Vaccines, COVID-19 Tests October 21, 2020
- OCR Resolves Religious Discrimination Complaints after Maryland and Virginia Hospitals Ensure Patients Can Receive Safe Religious Visitations During COVID-19 October 20, 2020
- Trump Administration Provides Saliva Test at Surge Testing Site in Waco, TX October 16, 2020
- Trump Administration Partners with CVS and Walgreens to Provide COVID-19 Vaccine to Protect Vulnerable Americans in Long-Term Care Facilities Nationwide October 16, 2020
- HHS Awards Contract to Improve Maternal Health Data Collection and Drive Clinical Quality Improvement October 15, 2020
- HHS Issues Challenges to Find Best Practices in Maternal Health October 15, 2020
- HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health Presents Award to Dr. Kwaku Ohene-Frempong October 15, 2020
- HHS Awards Nearly $500 million to Support Primary Health Care Workforce Nationwide October 15, 2020