In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Marketing
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016BCRose
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016BCRose
- Trump Administration Actions to Protect Life and Conscience
- HHS Is Committed to Protecting Life and Conscience
- OCR Finds the State of California Violated Federal Law in Discriminating Against Pregnancy Resource Centers
- HHS, in Partnership with Industry, Releases Voluntary Cybersecurity Practices for the Health Industry
- Pain Management Task Force calls for patient-centered approach to improve treatment of pain
- Readout of Initial Deputy Secretary’s Innovation and Investment Summit Meeting
- HHS recommends prescribing or co-prescribing naloxone to patients at high risk for an opioid overdose
- Surgeon General releases advisory on E-cigarette epidemic among youth
- Statement from the Department of Health and Human Services on Texas v. Azar
- HHS seeks public input on improving care coordination and reducing the regulatory burdens of the HIPAA Rules