In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Vanessa Tovar
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016Vanessa Tovar
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016Vanessa Tovar
- Trump Administration Re-Establishes Ready Reserve Corps as Part of the United States Public Health Service June 30, 2020
- HHS Extends COVID-19 Testing Public-Private Partnership June 30, 2020
- Trump Administration Secures New Supplies of Remdesivir for the United States June 29, 2020
- Assistant Secretary for Health Admiral Brett P. Giroir, M.D., Statement on Texas Community-Based Testing Sites 1.0 Extension June 26, 2020
- OCR Resolves Complaint with Tennessee After it Revises its Triage Plans to Protect Against Disability Discrimination June 26, 2020
- HHS Announces New Organ Transplant Guidance June 25, 2020
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on End of Eastern DRC Ebola Outbreak June 25, 2020
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Victory for President Trump’s Price Transparency Agenda June 23, 2020
- HHS Announces MENTAL Health Innovation Challenge June 23, 2020
- HHS Announces Partnership with Morehouse School of Medicine to Fight COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority and Vulnerable Communities June 23, 2020