In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Marketing
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016BCRose
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016BCRose
- Secretary Azar Meets with Ugandan Minister of Health, Tours Public Health Emergency Response Sites September 16, 2019
- Secretary Azar Meets with Rwandan President Paul Kagame on Ebola Preparedness September 15, 2019
- Secretary Azar Meets with Local Leaders and Visits Ebola Treatment Center September 15, 2019
- Secretary Azar Meets with Democratic Republic of the Congo President Felix Tshisekedi about Ebola Outbreak September 14, 2019
- HHS Awards $374 Million to Programs Supporting Maternal and Child Health September 12, 2019
- Trump Administration Combating Epidemic of Youth E-Cigarette Use with Plan to Clear Market of Unauthorized, Non-Tobacco-Flavored E-Cigarette Products September 11, 2019
- HHS Awards More than $50 Million to Establish New Health Center Sites September 11, 2019
- HHS Awards $9 Million to Develop New Models to Improve Obstetrics Care in Rural Communities September 10, 2019
- HHS Announces Health IT Awardees Focused on Innovative Interoperability Solutions September 10, 2019
- OCR Settles First Case in HIPAA Right of Access Initiative September 9, 2019