In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Marketing
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016BCRose
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016BCRose
- OCR Imposes a $1.6 Million Civil Money Penalty against Texas Health and Human Services Commission for HIPAA Violations November 7, 2019
- United States Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Gilead Related to Truvada® and Descovy® for Pre-exposure Prophylaxis of HIV November 7, 2019
- Failure to Encrypt Mobile Devices Leads to $3 Million HIPAA Settlement November 5, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Step Forward in President Trump’s Kidney Health Initiative November 4, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar Statement on Steps to Fulfill President Trump’s Medicare Executive Order November 1, 2019
- Secretary Azar Statement on FDA Leadership November 1, 2019
- HHS Issues Proposed Rule to Align Grants Regulation with New Legislation, Nondiscrimination Laws, and Supreme Court Decisions November 1, 2019
- Secretary Azar Statement on CMS Steps to Advance American Kidney Health October 31, 2019
- HHS Secretary Azar, SAMHSA Assistant Secretary McCance-Katz Statements on Launch of FindTreatment.Gov October 30, 2019
- HHS Office for Civil Rights Secures Corrective Action and Ensures Florida Orthopedic Practice Protects Patients with HIV from Discrimination October 30, 2019