In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Marketing
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016BCRose
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016BCRose
- OCR Issues Notice of Resolution to the State of Hawaii After Hawaii Takes Action in Safeguarding Conscience Protections for Pregnancy Care Centers
- HHS releases additional $487 million to states, territories to expand access to effective opioid treatment; 2019 SOR grants will total $1.4 billion
- Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS Announces New Members
- Statement on FY2020 Budget Proposal for Ending The HIV Epidemic In America
- Secretary Azar Statement on President Trump’s FY 2020 Budget
- Secretary Azar Praises Commissioner Gottlieb’s Service at FDA
- HHS’ BARDA Funds Its First Marburg Virus Vaccine Development
- Fact Sheet: Final Title X Rule Detailing Family Planning Grant Program
- HHS Releases Final Title X Rule Detailing Family Planning Grant Program
- New HHS-Sponsored Research Provides New Tool and Updated Guidance on Mass Chemical Decontamination