In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Marketing
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016BCRose
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016BCRose
- New HHS Fact Sheet On Direct Liability of Business Associates under HIPAA
- HHS Proposes to Revise ACA Section 1557 Rule to Enforce Civil Rights in Healthcare, Conform to Law, and Eliminate Billions in Unnecessary Costs
- Indiana Medical Records Service Pays $100,000 to Settle HIPAA Breach
- Secretary Azar Attends Second Day of the 72nd World Health Assembly, Signs Agreement with Indonesia
- Secretary Azar Attends the 72nd World Health Assembly as Head of U.S. Delegation
- Secretary Azar Meets with the Pasteur Institute
- Secretary Azar Participates in Final Day of G7 Health Ministerial Meeting and Global Health Security Initiative Special Ministerial Meeting on Ebola
- Secretary Azar Attends G7 Health Ministerial Meeting and Participates in Bilateral Meetings
- HHS Establishing Interdepartmental Substance Use Disorders Coordinating Committee, Seeking Member Nominations
- Trump Administration Secures Historic Donation of Billions of Dollars in HIV Prevention Drugs