In June, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) released a series of patient oriented videos that describe in easy to understand methods, the rights that patients are afforded when it comes to accessing their health information. “Many people are not fully aware of ...
July 20, 2016Vanessa Tovar
EMR Blame Game A recent article in Pharmacy Times EMR sited discrepancies in the cause of patients not taking their medications correctly. This occurs when many different medications are prescribed. The regimens of these medications are not consistent. For example, a drop may be required 6 times a day, a pill ...
April 8, 2016Vanessa Tovar
Patient’s Legal Capacity to Consent Situations vary from patient to patient and there are rules to provide guidance during the process of obtaining consent. Sometimes the guiding rules are not enough and the provider must make a judgement call. Providers should look at all of the factors in each situation carefully, ...
February 17, 2016Vanessa Tovar
- Orthopedic Clinic Pays $1.5 Million to Settle Systemic Noncompliance with HIPAA Rules September 21, 2020
- HHS Statement on Regulatory Process September 20, 2020
- HHS Congratulates NYSS Champions for Promoting Participation in Youth Sports September 17, 2020
- HHS Secretary Azar Declares Public Health Emergency in Oregon Due to Wildfires September 16, 2020
- Trump Administration Releases COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Strategy September 16, 2020
- OCR Settles Five More Investigations in HIPAA Right of Access Initiative September 15, 2020
- HHS Invests Nearly $115 Million to Combat the Opioid Crisis in Rural Communities September 14, 2020
- Trump Administration Takes Action to Expand Access to COVID-19 Vaccines September 9, 2020
- HHS Awards $79 Million to Support Health Center Response to Emergencies September 8, 2020
- Trump Administration Announces $2 Billion Provider Relief Fund Nursing Home Incentive Payment Plans September 3, 2020